this pleaseth me
We've certainly talked more than enough about things I don't like. You get it — I hate almost everything. In no particular order, here are a few things that A) I don't hate, B) actually make me quite happy, or C) I really love. Don't feel stressed about clicking on all these links at once; just bookmark them. They're all good.
- I have stamps with Paul Newman's beautiful face on them.
- Pastor Polzin's Bible study on Job has been really helpful.
- This Phil Cook album and this Jason Isbell album. They play well back to back.
- There were no voicemails when I got into work, two mornings in a row!!!
- For my next set of personal checks, I'm getting a set with four scenes of John Wayne, because I'm an adult and no one can stop me. Unless by then they have Paul Newman checks, in which case...
- Sleepy Hollow. I don't know why this show is so appealing, but it's wonderful.
- I regret lots of things. But two days spent watching Steve Gunn videos were days well spent.
- Salted licorice. if someone puts this into a stout, I'd be so into it.
- Fake Ann Voskamp's Pinterest. Which might only make sense if you're familiar with Fake Ann Voskamp's Twitter, which might only make sense if you know who the real Ann Voskamp is. No link for you there, since she's a heretic.
- It is perfect pipe smoking weather. We've also started making cigarettes with pipe tobacco and HOLY COW, do they taste good.
- It is also perfect whiskey drinking weather.
- The wind blew all the apples off my tree, so the end is in sight. probably only a few more days worth of processing left.
- In the past week, I made duck egg creme brûlée AND re-potted an orchid. UNMITIGATED SUCCESS. Well, the creme brulee was a trifle on the grainy side, but I'll fix that next time.
- Black Books is back on Netflix, and it's Dylan Moran in all his glorious Irish curmudgeonness.
- This Roman Catholic blog (about singleness, etc.) has proved to be more helpful than every evangelical resource on the topic put together.
- Rod McKuen. I buy every book of his poetry I come across because even though 90% of it is tripe, some of it is like this.
- Finally, I am writing about food and cooking, and it's a blast: I turned out 900 words on spices without batting an eyelash. Well, okay, I don't bat my eyelashes anyway. but that'll post early next week on Shall We Conversation.