Things I’ve Learned Since Memphis
I present a random list of the things learned since driving away from Memphis.
- Check the fridge for beer when you leave your rental.
- Oak Ridge, TN is pretty cool. They have a great Mexican restaurant with a spectacular happy hour.
- James and the Giant Peach is a weird but decent book.
- East Coast Brewers through shade on one another.
- Visiting Civil War museums in the current political climate was illuminating.
- “Peepers” (apparently frogs?) hibernate.
- When barefoot, I cannot change directions on wet grass as fast as even the most immobile dog.
- The “55 MPH” speed limit in Pennsylvania is apparently a well-known joke.
- New Jersey is a stink hole.
- I’ve had my fill of driving through New York City.
- Conneticut is super awesome except for the prices on beer. Those are not super awesome.
- Conneticut is “the nutmeg state.” Who knew?